Andros Half-Day Sightseeing Tour At a Glance
Understand the true spirit of the picturesque Cycladic island with an Andros half-day sightseeing tour. Explore quaint villages, natural wonders, and St. Irene’s monastery on a sightseeing trip full of delights and surprises.
Andros Half-Day Sightseeing Tour Highlights
- Acquire impressive historical knowledge about Andros from an experienced tour guide.
- Take great pictures and receive a polaroid photo at the end of the tour to remember the day by.
- Explore beautiful sights in an Andros half-day sightseeing tour around the island’s most prominent features.
- Visit villages, the monastery of St Irene, natural treasures, and the cities of Chora and Paleopoli all in one tour.
Andros Half-Day Sightseeing Tour In Detail
Uncover beautiful sights with the Andros half-day sightseeing tour. Discover Paleopoli, the former capital of Andros, which is brimming with ancient Greek and Roman remains. Learn about the history of Andros from your tour leader. Wander through the quaint villages of Menites, Strabouries, and Ipsilou and take pictures of the traditional settlements.
Hike towards the Pithara waterfalls in Apikia, and discover sights of natural beauty, like Menites spring and the walnut forest that take visitors’ breath away. Explore the monastery of St. Irene and find out its religious importance to Andros. End your Andros half-day sightseeing tour with a fantastic walk in the capital Chora. Roam through the narrow alleys, admire the Unknown Sailor’s statue, and gain insights into the island’s Venetian and Greek history.
Andros Half-Day Sightseeing Tour Itinerary
- Start your Andros Half-Day Sightseeing Tour in Batsi: Begin exploring the city of Paleopoli, which thrived in antiquity.
- See Nature at its Best: Take a good look at the marvelous Menites spring and the refreshing walnut forest and experience magic.
- Hike to the Pithara Waterfalls: Explore the villages of Menites, Strabouries, and Ipsilou on the way and reach Pithara waterfalls in Apikia for an easy 15-minute hike.
- Visit St. Irene Monastery: Find out why religion played a crucial role in the island’s past, all while taking a closer look at the imposing monastery of St. Irene.
- End your Andros Half-Day Sightseeing Tour: Make a final 45-minute stop at Andros’ capital, Chora, with its charming little streets, the statue of the Unknown Sailor, and more fascinating details about the history of Andros.
Pick-up and drop-off service from Batsi
English and Greek-speaking local tour leader
Free map and bottle of water from the local Andros spring, Sariza
Taxes and services fee
Personal travel insurance (upon request)
Breakfast or lunch
Transportation by VIP Peugeot minivan
Bring your camera. You may take a lot of photos
Pick-up in Batsi or Chora
FAQs about the Andros Half-Day Sightseeing Tour
I am staying in an Airbnb. Where can I get picked up from?
We cannot pick up clients from Airbnbs for our tours. If you are staying in Andros, then you can come by our offices to begin the tour.
What happens in the event of rain?
All our bus tours run regardless of the weather. If an activity is canceled because of extreme weather conditions, you have the option to change the date, switch activity, or cancel and receive a refund.
What time is the pick-up time for the tours?
The pick-up time for all tours is the same as the meeting time indicated on your vouchers and our website. Please note that there may be a slight delay of 5-10 minutes, depending on the number of pickups we have scheduled. Please be ready 10 minutes before your trip to facilitate that.
Can I bring my luggage on your bus?
Yes, you can! In case there is no room on our bus, we will drop off your luggage at our offices, and you will be able to pick them up after the end of the tour.
How late can I make a booking?
You can make a booking with us literally at the last minute! Just keep in mind that there may be no seats left on the tour if you do that! We recommend booking at least one week in advance, to have the best chances of finding availability.
Which tours can I join on the same day?
This is a day tour, so you cannot participate in any other tours if you book it.
Cancellations received within five days of the tour will incur a 50% penalty for each person.
Cancellations received within two days of the tour will incur a 100% penalty for each person.
Unused features are non-refundable. No shows forfeit the entire payment.
Do you have any questions about the tour? Ask us below!