Andros Monasteries Tour At a Glance
Enhance your knowledge of the history and religion of Andros island during a one-of-a-kind Andros Monasteries tour. Explore the monasteries of St. Marina, St. Irene, and St. Nicholaos and understand their religious significance.
Andros Monasteries Tour Highlights
- Admire beautiful churches and their magnetic elements, such as domes, during your Andros monasteries tour.
- Find out how the monasteries used to work in the Medieval ages and visit their excellent museums, such as the one in St. Irene.
- Wander around the historical capital of Andros, come across fascinating monuments, and visit hidden gems of the island.
- Capture gorgeous photos on your Andros monasteries tour and receive a polaroid photo to remember Andros for years to come.
Andros Monasteries Tour In Detail
Uncover the secrets of Andros on a marvelous Andros monasteries tour. Begin the tour from Batsi and admire the highly historical location of Paleopolis from above. Reach the monastery of St. Marina and learn all about its history. Spend some time praying, or simply feel the temple’s spirituality before moving on with the Andros monasteries tour.
Pay a visit to St. Nicholaos monastery to meet the monks that live there and learn detailed background information. Marvel at St. Irene’s monastery’s beauty and make some time to see the artifacts at the museums of writing and flora. Head to the capital of Andros, Chora, where you will explore its picturesque streets and capture photos before you return home after a wonderful time on the magical island of Andros.
Andros Monasteries Tour Itinerary
- Start your Andros monasteries tour: Start your tour from Batsi and admire the perfect view of Paleopolis from above, the ideal spot to learn the history of the first capital of Andros.
- Visit three of the most lovely monasteries of Andros: Pay a visit to the monasteries of St. Marina, St. Nicholaos, and St. Irene. Uncover their secrets from a religious perspective.
- Finish your Andros Monasteries Tour: Explore Chora, the capital of Andros, and spend some marvelous time seeing the best attractions it has to offer before you go back home.
Pick-up and drop-off service from Batsi
English and Greek-speaking local tour leader
Free Wi-Fi onboard
Free map and bottle of water from the local Andros spring, Sariza
Taxes and services fee
Polaroid photo at the end of the tour
State licensed guide
Personal travel insurance (upon request)
Breakfast or lunch
Transportation by VIP Peugeot minivan
Bring your camera. You may take a lot of photos.
Pick up service from Batsi
FAQs about the Andros Monasteries Tour
I am staying in an Airbnb. Where can I get picked up from?
We cannot pick up clients from Airbnbs for our tours. If you are staying in Andros, then you can come by our offices to begin the tour.
What happens in the event of rain?
All our bus tours run regardless of the weather. If an activity is canceled because of extreme weather conditions, you have the option to change the date, switch activity, or cancel and receive a refund.
What time is the pick-up time for the tours?
The pick-up time for all tours is the same as the meeting time indicated on your vouchers and our website. Please note that there may be a slight delay of 5-10 minutes, depending on the number of pickups we have scheduled. Please be ready 10 minutes before your trip to facilitate that.
Can I bring my luggage on your bus?
Yes, you can! In case there is no room on our bus, we will drop off your luggage at our offices, and you will be able to pick them up after the end of the tour.
How late can I make a booking?
You can make a booking with us literally at the last minute! Just keep in mind that there may be no seats left on the tour if you do that! We recommend booking at least one week in advance, to have the best chances of finding availability.
Which tours can I join on the same day?
This is a day tour, so you cannot participate in any of our other tours if you book it.
Cancellations received within five days of the tour will incur a 50% penalty for each person.
Cancellations received within two days of the tour will incur a 100% penalty for each person.
Unused features are non-refundable. No shows forfeit the entire payment.
Do you have any questions about the tour? Ask us below!