In Macedonia is the Chalkidiki peninsula, a place the came out of a dream!
According to the inhabitants of northern Greece “There is nothing like Chalkidiki” and it is time to find out why.
Divided into three legs, Kassandra, Sithonia and Mount Athos, it is said to resemble the trident of Poseidon that oversees the Aegean.
Full of contrasts, Chalkidiki is an ideal destination for holidays in all seasons. Rich vegetation and mountains full of pines, emerald beaches, small traditional villages and seaside tourist resorts, rare archaeological heritage and attractions of world importance, local cuisine and high gastronomy compose the mosaic of beautiful Chalkidiki.
In Kassandra, the western peninsula of Chalkidiki, the endless sandy beaches and the rich vegetation that reaches the sea dominate!
In the area you will find countless tourist facilities, luxury hotels and entertainment centers to make your vacation unforgettable!
At the middle foot of Chalkidiki is Sithonia with its enchanting landscapes!
Fishing villages in small harbors, meadows, dreamy shores and coves. It is worth exploring the villages of Sithonia such as Agios Nikolaos, Neos Marmaras, Sykia, Ormylia, Pyrgadikia and Vourvourou.
In each of them you will discover something special.
At the third leg of Chalkidiki is the peninsula of Mount Athos with the monastic community of Mount Athos, where women are not allowed to enter.
In the area of Pro Athos, however, are some of the most beautiful parts of Chalkidiki.
The seaside town of Ouranoupolis, Ierissos with the carnagas, Stageira, the homeland of Aristotle and the island of Ammouliani with the beautiful beaches!
The west coast of Chalkidiki near Thessaloniki, in addition to the crystal clear waters and green areas, hides a diamond in the village of Petralona.
There you will find the famous Petralona Cave with stalactites and stalagmites where some of the oldest human remains in Europe were found!
The tourist center of the area is located in Nea Moudania where you will find everything you need for your vacation.
Finally, in central and northern Chalkidiki you will find the mountain range of Holomontas, an area of unparalleled natural beauty with rich forests and picturesque villages.
As you tour central Chalkidiki the landscape and colors alternate creating an idyllic setting.
Routes that pass through gorges, springs and rivers, oaks, pines and firs will enchant you!
Do not forget to visit Arnaia, a traditional settlement sample of Macedonian architecture, Polygyros, the capital of the area and Agios Prodromos with the most delicious skewers!
Chalkidiki has 550 kilometers of beaches!
So whatever we tell you will be a little. Among our favorites are Kavourotripes and Karydi, in Sithonia, the quiet Mola Kalyva and Glarokavos in Kassandra and the beaches on the island of Ammouliani!
- If you are a nature lover, go hiking, mountain biking or off road routes on the country roads that cross the valuable habitat of Holomontas with its rich flora and fauna! You will also find many organized ecological routes to safely navigate the wonderful nature of Halkidiki.
- On the coasts of Halkidiki you will find all the infrastructure for all water sports! Get ready to tame the waves by surfing, kite, windsurfing or explore the mysterious seabed by scuba diving or snorkeling.
- If you want to travel around the coasts of Halkidiki you will find all kinds of boats for rent for endless exploration in the crystal clear waters. One of the most interesting routes is the Cruise to Mount Athos.
- Every summer in Chalkidiki, art festivals are organized with great appeal. Enjoy open-air theatrical performances, concerts and other events at the Sani Festival and the Kassandra Festival!
- In Halkidiki you will find many sites of archaeological interest! In Stageira, the birthplace of Aristotle, you will find the homonymous Park with the statue of the philosopher and other ancient monuments. One of the most important archeological sites is that of ancient Olynthos with its Archaeological Museum.
- Visit the Cave of Petralona with the stalactites and stalagmites where a fossilized human skull of 700,000 years was found! Did the first man in Greece live in Halkidiki?
In Chalkidiki you will find a lot of gastronomic treasures. Extra virgin olive oil, green olives, local cheeses and traditional sweets from local juicy fruits. Another important product of the region is the high nutritional value honey!
The cuisine of the area is characterized by variety. Fresh fish and meat. Vegetables and fruits from local crops and fragrant herbs and aromatics.
If you visit Chalkidiki do not forget to accompany your meals with the famous wines of the area, which is an ideal destination for wine tourism. If you are interested, you can also follow the “Wine Roads”, routes that will take you to the wine tradition of Chalkidiki!