Acropolis and Ancient Agora Private Walking Tour
Acropolis and Ancient Agora Private Walking Tour at a Glance
The UNESCO-listed Acropolis of Athens is the city’s most visited attraction, but it has the traffic to match. This 4-hour walking tour makes an early start to avoid the crowds and includes highlights such as the Parthenon, the Theater of Dionysus, and the Odeon. For the whole experience, we finished our guided tour with Ancient Athens’s political and commercial center, the Ancient Agora.
Acropolis and Ancient Agora Private Walking Tour Highlights
- Acropolis of Athens walking tour
- Get there before the crowds with an early morning tour
- Marvel at the Parthenon, the Theater of Dionysus, and the Odeon
- Skip the line tickets purchased from your licensed tour guide
- Learn more about life in Ancient Greece from your guide
- Explore the likes of the Acropolis, Attalos Museum, and Ancient Agora with a professional guide
Acropolis and Ancient Agora Private Walking Tour In Detail
Please meet your guide and check-in for your experience at our tour office by the Acropolis at Athanasiou Diakou street 16, 11742. or at your hotel (After request), settle your preferable time, and start your walk to the Acropolis. After picking up your skip-the-line entrance tickets with your licensed tour guide, head inside to explore the hilltop archaeological site, the magnificent structure of the Ancient classical times, and the crown of modern Athens city.
Listen as your guide transports you back to ancient Greece with stories of the ancient city and its importance. Stop to admire the magnificent temples, most of which date back to the 5th-century BC, including the much-photographed Parthenon, the restored Temple of Athena Nike, and the Erechtheion, known for its exquisite Caryatid statues.
After exploring the Ancient sights for around two hours, either end your tour at the Acropolis exit on Mars Hill or continue to the Ancient Agora. Discover the grand Agora, once the epicenter of ancient Athens, on a 2-hour tour, visiting monuments such as the beautifully preserved Temple of Hephaestus and the renovated Stoa of Attalos.
Acropolis monuments and Ancient Agora is a private tour, and you can book it under request. The experience of having your private licensed tour guide instead of being in a group tour is a lifetime experience for you and your family.
Your tour ends in Monastiraki Square in central Athens.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Entrance fees payable by cash directly to the tour guide on the day of the tour. Acropolis 20 euros per adult from April to October, 10 euros per adult from November to March. Ancient Agora 8 euros per adult from April to October, 4 euros per adult from November to March
- Free entrance to Children under 18 years old provided they present a valid passport at the entrance of the Acropolis of Athens
- Information regarding tickets – click here
Pick-up from your Athens stay (optional chargeable) or at Athens meeting point
What happens in the event of rain?
All our bus tours run regardless of the weather. If an activity is canceled because of extreme weather conditions, you have the option to change the date, switch activity, or cancel and receive a refund.
What time is the pick-up time for the tours?
The pick-up time for all tours is the same as the meeting time indicated on your vouchers and our website. Please note that there may be a slight delay of 5-10 minutes, depending on the number of pickups we have scheduled. Please be ready 10 minutes before your trip to facilitate that.
How late can I make a booking?
You can make a booking with us literally at the last minute! Just keep in mind that there may be no seats left on the tour if you do that! We recommend booking at least one week in advance, to have the best chances of finding availability.
Which tours can I join on the same day?
This is a day tour, so you cannot participate in any of our other tours if you book it.
Cancellations received within 5 days of the tour will incur a 50% penalty for each person.
Cancellations received within 2 days of the tour will incur a 100% penalty for each person.
Unused features are non-refundable. No shows forfeit the entire payment.