Day Trip from Athens to Andros Island Greece Monasteries at a Glance
Prepare for a soul-stirring experience during a day trip from Athens to Andros Island Greece Monasteries. Descend upon one of Greece’s most charming islands for an outing to its cherished monasteries and learn their fascinating histories from an expert theologist. Spend time walking through the island’s capital and exploring beautiful scenery during a majestic excursion.
Day Trip from Athens to Andros Island Greece Monasteries Highlights
- Find inner peace as you set foot in Agia Marina, Agios Nikolaos, and Agia Irene during your day trip from Athens to Andros Island Greece monasteries.
- Have all your questions answered about history, culture, and religion courtesy of an expert theologist, and take the opportunity to speak to the monks.
- Walk through the winding alleyways of Andros’ capital Chora and discover its incomparable natural beauty mixed with charming architecture.
- Visit significant landmarks such as the statue of the Unknown Soldier and spot remainders of the Venetian Empire as you wander the streets at your own pace.
- Remember the day by snapping plenty of pictures, and receive a polaroid photograph at the end of the Athens day tour to cherish forever.
Day Trip from Athens to Andros Island Greece Monasteries In Detail
Set off on an unforgettable journey on a day trip from Athens to Andros island Greece monasteries. Embark in Athens and sail from the capital city to one of Greece’s most naturally beautiful islands. Admire the ancient Paleopolis in Andros and snap pictures of its ruins as you hear tales of its Roman history from long ago. Pass by the lovely villages of Menites, Strabouries, and Ipsilou and be in awe of their wild and untamed natural beauty.
Make your first full stop at Agia Marina monastery where you are joined alongside an expert theologist. Proceed to Agios Nikolaos and finally Agia Irene, all the while taking the opportunity to meet the monks, learn of each monastery’s unique history, and find quiet moments for reflection. Walk through Andros’ capital and visit the statue of the Unknown Soldier before concluding your Athens day tour.
Day Trip from Athens to Andros Island Greece Monasteries Itinerary
- Begin your day boat trip from Athens: Greet your driver in Athens before being whisked to Rafina Port and embark on a ship en route to Andros.
- Marvel at ancient Paleopolis: Be enamored with Andros’ bygone city, learn of its complex Roman and Greek history, and be sure to take pictures of its incredible beauty.
- Explore the Andros island Greece monasteries: Visit Agia Marina, Agios Nikolaos, and Agia Irene alongside an expert theologist, meet the monks, and say a prayer.
- Proceed to the Chora: Walk the ultra-charming streets of Andros’ capital, see the statue of the Unknown Soldier, and take plenty of pictures along the way.
- Return to Athens: Hop back on the boat at the Batsi Port and sail the Aegean Sea back to the capital at the conclusion of your Athens day tour.
Pick up and drop off service from Αthens to Andros
English and Greek-speaking local tour leader
Free Wi-Fi on board
Free Map and bottle of water of the local Andros spring, Sariza
Taxes and services fee
State licensed guide
Personal travel insurance (contact us if you need)
Breakfast or lunch
Transportation by VIP Peugeot minivan
Bring your camera. You may take a lot of photos.
From our office in Kallithea (contact us if possible for hotel pick up)
8 persons (if you are interested in more contact us)
FAQs about the Day Trip from Athens to Andros Island Greece Monasteries
What happens in the event of rain?
All our bus tours run regardless of the weather. If an activity is canceled because of extreme weather conditions, you have the option to change the date, switch activity, or cancel and receive a refund.
What time is the pick-up time for the tours?
The pick-up time for all tours is the same as the meeting time indicated on your vouchers and our website. Please note that there may be a slight delay of 5-10 minutes, depending on the number of pickups we have scheduled. Please be ready 10 minutes before your trip to facilitate that.
How late can I make a booking?
You can make a booking with us literally at the last minute! Just keep in mind that there may be no seats left on the tour if you do that! We recommend booking at least one week in advance, to have the best chances of finding availability.
Which tours can I join on the same day?
This is a day tour, so you cannot participate in any of our other tours if you book it.
Cancellations received within 5 days of the tour will incur a 50% penalty for each person.
Cancellations received within 2 days of the tour will incur a 100% penalty for each person.
Unused features are non-refundable. No shows forfeit the entire payment.
Do you have any questions about the tour? Ask us below!