Athens Day Trip to Lake Doxa and Trikala Private Tour at a Glance
Set off on an out-of-the-ordinary excursion with the Athens Day Trip to Lake Doxa and Trikala Private Tour. See a side of Greece that is lesser-known but is an ideal way to see beauty off the beaten path. Travel to picturesque Lake Doxa and the impossibly charming town of Trikala on a day trip from Athens that is full of enjoyable moments.
Athens Day Trip to Lake Doxa and Trikala Private Tour Highlights
- Uncover a region of Greece that is off the beaten path and learn a fascinating history during an Athens day trip to Lake Doxa and Trikala.
- Reach the incomparable Lake Doxa and be in awe of its sparkling reflective waters and the lush greenery that envelops it.
- Experience the charms of Trikala, a town known in Greece for its pristine beauty and rich history, before grabbing lunch at one of its authentic taverns.
- Take great pictures and receive a polaroid photo at the end of the tour to remember the Athens day tour to the lesser-known side of Greece.
Athens Day Trip to Lake Doxa and Trikala Private Tour In Detail
Have an out-of-the-box experience when you embark on a privately arranged Athens day trip to Lake Doxa and Trikala. Weave through the Peloponnese countryside, pass by the famed Corinth Canal and admire the manmade wonder. Make a stop at Panagia Katafigiotissa, a lovely mountainside chapel carved into a rock. Marvel at the breathtaking views of the valley below.
Ascend the mountain further to the majestic Lake Doxa, revered for its sparkling waters and lush surroundings. Take plenty of pictures and, if you’re feeling adventurous, opt for river cycling. Continue to the quaint town of Trikala and feel wowed by its natural beauty and welcoming charms. Fill up on a delicious and authentic lunch in town before heading back to the capital for the conclusion of your Athens day tour.
Athens Day Trip to Lake Doxa and Trikala Private Tour Itinerary
- Begin your day trip from Athens: Meet your driver at your accommodation before setting off on an Athens day trip to Lake Doxa and Trikala
- See manmade & natural wonders: Travel through the Peloponnese and spot the impressive Corinth Canal before admiring the seaside town of Kiato.
- Climb the mountain to Panagia Katafigiotissa: Feel a sense of awe at the small chapel that is carved into a rock, and take in views of the valley below.
- Reach the stunning Lake Doxa: Understand the meaning of true beauty at a serene lake that is surrounded by flourishing greenery.
- Be delighted by Trikala: Walk the streets of one of Greece’s most charming small cities and fill up on a delicious lunch before heading back to Athens.
Pick-up and drop-off service from your Athens hotel
English and Greek-speaking local tour leader
Water and drinks from
Taxes and services fee
Personal travel insurance (upon request)
Breakfast or lunch
Museum and sights tickets
Renting any equipment at the lake
Transportation by VIP Peugeot minivan or Private vehicle
Bring your camera. You may take a lot of photos.
Pick-up from your Athens stay
FAQs about the Athens Day Trip to Lake Doxa and Trikala Private Tour
What happens in the event of rain?
All our bus tours run regardless of the weather. If an activity is canceled because of extreme weather conditions, you have the option to change the date, switch activity, or cancel and receive a refund.
What time is the pick-up time for the tours?
The pick-up time for all tours is the same as the meeting time indicated on your vouchers and our website. Please note that there may be a slight delay of 5-10 minutes, depending on the number of pickups we have scheduled. Please be ready 10 minutes before your trip to facilitate that.
How late can I make a booking?
You can make a booking with us literally at the last minute! Just keep in mind that there may be no seats left on the tour if you do that! We recommend booking at least one week in advance, to have the best chances of finding availability.
Which tours can I join on the same day?
This is a day tour, so you cannot participate in any of our other tours if you book it.
For any cancellation up to 30 days upon arrival, there will be a 20 € penalty per person.
For any cancellation 29 to 15 days upon arrival, there will be 50% added to the price per person.
For any cancellation 14 days upon arrival, there will be a 100% penalty per person.
Do you have any questions about the tour? Ask us below!