Athens to Mycenae and Nafplion Private Day Tour at a Glance
Dive into some of Greece’s most historically significant spots during an Athens to Mycenae and Nafplion private day tour. Visit the ancient city of Mycenae and learn its rich history before traveling to the picturesque coastal city of Nafplion. Dive into Greece’s mighty past on an Athens day tour full of adventure and exploration in the Peloponnese.
Athens to Mycenae and Nafplion Private Day Tour Highlights
- Learn compelling facts and tales of greatness on a day trip from Athens to ancient Mycenae and the former Greek capital of Nafplion.
- Cross by the famed Corinth Canal while driving through the Peloponnese, and ask your driver-leader to tell you all about its interesting history.
- Walk among the staggering ruins of Mycenae and see architectural wonders, including the Lion Gate and Tomb of Agamemnon.
- Feel captivated in the delightful coastal city of Nafplion and hike the 913 steps up to Palamidi Castle to gain spectacular sea views.
- Capture magnificent photos during your Athens to Mycenae and Nafplion private day tour, and receive a polaroid photo as a gift to cherish.
Athens to Mycenae and Nafplion Private Day Tour In Detail
Get set for an immersive experience during an Athens to Mycenae and Nafplion private day tour. Travel through the Peloponnese en route to your destinations, and pass by the iconic Corinth Canal. Arrive at Mycenae, an ancient city where you can walk among the ruins and explore the famed Lion Gate. Learn tales from history and mythology that date back tens of thousands of years.
Feel a sense of wonder in Nafplio, one of Greece’s most picture-perfect cities along the water. Discover its many famous landmarks including Bourtzi Castle which can be visited via boat. Get your heart rate pumping by ascending the 913 steps to the top of Palamidi Castle, and take in the extraordinary panoramic views of the sea. Conclude your Athens day tour with an authentic lunch before returning to the capital.
Athens to Mycenae and Nafplion Private Day Tour Itinerary
- Begin the day tour from Athens: Meet your leader and hit the road for a memorable outing to Mycenae and Nafplion during a full-day private tour.
- Cruise by the Corinth Canal: Keep your eyes open during the drive for one of Greece’s most spectacular modern marvels and learn about its history.
- Discover ancient Mycenae: Walk in the footsteps of great warriors of the past, see their impressive fortifications, and feel wowed by the iconic Lion Gate.
- Experience Nafplion’s allure: Explore the seaside city in-depth with a boat trip to Bourtzi Castle and walk to the top of Palamidi Castle to access stellar sea views.
- Finish your day with a nice meal: Indulge in local fare at an authentic tavern and do some final exploration in the streets of Nafplion before heading back to Athens.
Pick-up and drop-off service from your Athens hotel
English and Greek-speaking local tour leader
Wi-Fi on board
Water and drinks
Taxes and services fee
State licensed guide
Personal travel insurance (contact us if you need)
Breakfast or lunch
Transportation by VIP Peugeot minivan or Private vehicle
Bring your camera. You may take a lot of photos.
Pick-up from your Athens stay
FAQs about the Athens to Mycenae and Nafplion Private Day Tour
What happens in the event of rain?
All our bus tours run regardless of the weather. If an activity is canceled because of extreme weather conditions, you have the option to change the date, switch activity, or cancel and receive a refund.
What time is the pick-up time for the tours?
The pick-up time for all tours is the same as the meeting time indicated on your vouchers and our website. Please note that there may be a slight delay of 5-10 minutes, depending on the number of pickups we have scheduled. Please be ready 10 minutes before your trip to facilitate that.
How late can I make a booking?
You can make a booking with us literally at the last minute! Just keep in mind that there may be no seats left on the tour if you do that! We recommend booking at least one week in advance, to have the best chances of finding availability.
Which tours can I join on the same day?
This is a day tour, so you cannot participate in any of our other tours if you book it.
Cancellations received within 5 days of the tour will incur a 50% penalty for each person.
Cancellations received within 2 days of the tour will incur a 100% penalty for each person.
Unused features are non-refundable. No shows forfeit the entire payment.
Do you have any questions about the tour? Ask us below!